Want to know the definition of apostasy? Read on.
The usual blackened death or deathened black sound of Behemoth executed with some interesting production ideas. A band that keeps pushing themselves, this is their strongest release yet. Inferno spent quality time with the drum kit. Classical Polish pianist Leszek Możdżer and Nevermore singer Warrel Dane guest star. Brutal.
Main Entry: apos-ta-sy
Inflected Form(s): plural apos-ta-sies
Etymology: Middle English apostasie, from Late Latin apostasia, from Greek, literally, revolt, from apistasthai to revolt, from apo- + histasthai to stand.
Date: 14th century
- renunciation of a religious faith
- abandonment of a previous loyalty
From the Merriam-Webster definition of apostasy.
Main Entry: en-nui
Etymology: French, from the Old French enui annoyance, from enuier to vex, from Late Latin inodiare to make loathsome.
- a feeling of weariness and dissatisfaction
- the feeling I get when I see people giving definitions when they are hardly necessary
From the Merriam-Webster definition of ennui. Sort of.
Main Entry: bru-tal
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French, from Medieval Latin brutalis, from Latin brutus.
Date: 15th century
- archaic: typical of beasts
- befitting a brute: as a: grossly ruthless or unfeeling (a brutal slander) b: cruel, cold-blooded (a brutal attack)
- heavy metal
From the Merriam-Webster definition of brutal. Sort of.
Main Entry: vid-eo
Etymology: Latin vidëre to see + -o (as in audio).
- the visual portion of television
- videotape: as a: a recording of a motion picture or television program for playing through a television set b: a videotaped performance of a song often featuring an interpretation of the lyrics through visual images
- a recording similar to a videotape but stored in digital form (as on an optical disk or a computer's hard drive)
- just watch the video and know that the Apostasy is brutal
From the Merriam-Webster definition of video. Sort of.
Some guy made this video for At The Left Hand Ov God, a single of sorts from the album. It has gargoyles and other grotesque statues in it. No, I'm not going to post the definition of a gargoyle too. Look it up you buffoon! For more words to look up, try my Shakespearian insult monger, but if you need definitions like these all the time you might want to find out who Shakespeare was first.
- Rome 64 C.E.
- Slaying the Prophets ov Isa
- At the Left Hand ov God
- Be Without Fear
- Arcana Hereticae
- Inner Sanctum
- Christgrinding Avenue
Adam “Nergal” Darski: lead vocals; electric and acoustic guitars.
Tomasz “Orion” Wróblewski: bass guitar; backing vocals. Also try Vesania.
Zbigniew Robert “Inferno” Promiński: drums; percussion.
Patryk “Seth” Sztyber: guitars; backing vocals.
Leszek Możdżer: piano.
Warrel Dane: guest vocals.
Graal: shitload of photoshop filters for the cover and the booklet.