Fight Club film poster. Admit it: You saw the film before you read the book. You probably don't even know there is a book.
- The first rule of Book Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT BOOK CLUB!
- The second rule of Book Club is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT BOOK CLUB! You'll get teased.
- The third rule of Book Club is: No condensed versions.
- The fourth rule of Book Club is: Only 2 guys to a book. That's the maximum, and obviously it could be 2 persons of any gender matched in any combination of 1 or 2 persons to a book.
- The fifth rule of Book Club is: One book at a time, fellas.
- The sixth rule of Book Club is: No shirts, no shoes, no Kindle or e-book reader of any other variety. You're supposed to kick back with a Martini cocktail, or if you are a teetollar, a relaxing cup of tea or an invigorating brew of coffee.
- The seventh rule of Book Club is: Books go on for as long as they have to. In the meanwhile, Hollywood might produce a film version of the book. You may be tempted to watch it. Don't. Books go on for as long as they have to and you're not allowed to watch the film of the book unless you've finished the book.
- And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Book Club, you have to recommend a book. I'd recommend one on Game Theory.